I have a confession: I rarely finish series.Although I believe I have confessed this before...so I'm just airing my dirty secrets repeatedly. I have what I call the Squirrel Syndrome. I see a book, I read it, I forget about it being in a series, I see a new book...etc. There are SO many books out there to read! HOW DO I FIT THEM ALL IN?
Cloning is a possible option.
But I do like the thought of series (if not the commitment), and I have good intentions to finish them...or start them. One day. Maybe? Ha ha. Probably not.
This week's prompt is: Top 10 New Series I Want To Start
1. Curse Workers by Holly Black
I love Holly Black.
She's a genius of all things creepy and unique. I loved The Coldest Girl In Coldtown so much.*
* I also really love Spiderwick, but because I'm, like, a hundred years too old for that series, I have to keep it as my small secret. I really, really love children's books.
2. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra BrackenDespite the last cover reminding me a delicious biscuit, I like the sound of this series. Did someone say "frightening abilities they can't control"?
* I actually only assume they're mutants by the use of "frightening abilities". I haven't read the books yet, so I could be wrong. Duh.
3. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
Also I'm having serious cover-love palpitations here.
* A phrase here which means "Omg, I have just realised how freaking big book #6 is and I may pass out".
4. The Lotus War by Jay Kristoff
I am struggling with the author's name though.
|Basically everything relates back to Frozen these days.|
5. Dante Walker by Victoria Scott
* Since I, too, am flippin' awesome.
6. Dust Lands by Moira Young
I know it's a letter different...but the author's name makes me think of The Mines of Moria every. single. time.
7. The Iron Fey by Julie Kawaga
And the covers are really pretty.
8. Fairyland by Catherynne M. Valente
I've been recommended this a lot, plus I own the first book! Why have I not started it yet?! What is wrong with me?
9. BZRK by Michael Grant
It's the only series of his I haven't read yet! Considering I blather* about how much I adore Gone and hugged Messenger Of Fear (to name a few) I should really just read this.
I have the first book on audio from the library, so possibly when I've finished listening to Disruption** I will read BZRK!
* But you love it. You love my recommendations. You love the way I tell you to read books that will rip out your heart and stomp on it. That's why we're friends.
** While we're on topic, Disruption is amazing. I didn't think I'd like it...but then I did.
10. The Wicked Years by Gregory Macguire
I don't know. Why haven't I read it yet?
I obviously need a clone.
so, my funky friends, i will take your recommendations now. any of these I should really really reeeeeally bump up the TBR and devour fast? did I list any of your favourites? and how about you: series finisher or series abandoner? and, yes, i want to read all of this basically based off cover alone. but that's normal, right?
Cait is still rewriting her book. Ha! Actually she's writing this post to procrastinate writing her book because writing is hard. It took her 2 hours to write 2,000-words, which is unokay. SHE IS UNOKAY! SHE NEEDS A BREAK. Her mind is breaking. So she's given herself a moment to read more of THE GHOSTS OF HEAVEN which is a sad and miserable book where everyone dies.